In the name of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala), the most merciful, the most beneficent
“Key to Akhirat (Hereafter)”
“Lailatul – Qadar”
“The Night of Power”
We revealed it (the Qur’an) on the Night of Power
Would that you knew what the Night of Power is like.
Better is the Night of Power than a thousand months.
On that night the angels and Spirit descend by their Lord’s permission, with all His decrees.
That night is peace, till the break of dawn. (97 Holy Quran)
In this significant night alone worshipping Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) is more than the worship of one thousand months. Whosoever missed the virtues of this night will be very unlucky but will not be deprived from the blessing of this Night.
This Night of Power falls in the last ten days of the holy month of Ramadan. Most scholars are agreed and say to seek it in odd nights of Ramadan such as 21, 23, 25, 27 and 29.
“He who spends the Night of Power in worship, with a pure motive of faith and devotion, will have all his past sins forgiven”
In this night, Arch Angle Jibril (Gabriel in Bible) with the permission of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) descend from heaven with many angels on earth with four flags one for each Holy Kaaba, Prophet’ Mosque (Masjid-e-Nabvi), Baitul Maqdas and Mount of Sinai. He would order all angels to spread out on earth to visit the homes of Muslims, land and sea and herald the worshippers of Allah. They make Dua to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) for the forgiveness of the Muslims until the dawn. They do not visit where there are pictures, swine, alcohol, dog and sex.
The Best way to Pray Nawafil in the Night of Qadr:
1. Two Rakah Nafil in each Rakah after Surah Fatiha, Surah Qadar once and Surah Ikhlas (3) three times. The person would get the reward of the Night of Power, which would be equal to the rewards of Hazrat Idris (A.S.), Hazrat Shuaib (A.S.), Hazrat Ayub (A.S.), Hazrat Dawood (A.S.) and Hazrat Nuh (A.S.). The person would get a palace in paradise, which stretches from east to west.
2. The Holy Prophet (Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam) said, whosoever would pray two Rakah Nafil in the night of Qadr, in each Rakah after Surah Fatiha, read Surah Ikhlas (7) seven times and after finishing the prayer read (Astaghfirul lahil azimal lazi la ilaha illahoal hiul qaiumo wa atubo alaih) (70) seventy times.
Before the person would get up from his/her prayer mat Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) will forgive all his/her sins and sins of their parents; and Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) will order the angels to plant fruit trees and build palaces for him/her in the paradise. The person will not die until he/she would see it in their dream.
3. Whosoever would pray four Rakah Nafil in the night of Qadar (Shab-e-Qadar), in each Rakah after Surah Fatiha, Surah At-Takathur once and Surah Ikhlas (3) three times. Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) will ease the hardship of death on him/her and will remove the punishment of grave. The person will get four columns in the paradise and each will sustain thousand palaces in it.
4. Whosoever would pray four Rakah Nafil in night of Qadar, in each Rakah after Surah Fatiha, Surah Qadar (3) three times and Surah Ikhlas (50) fifty times. After finishing the prayer read (Subhanallahe walhamdo lillahe wa lailaha illallaho walahu akbar). Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) will fulfill any just Dua (supplication) the person would ask.
5. Whosoever would pray four Rakah Nafil in the 27th of Ramadan night of Qadar, in each Rakah after Surah Fatiha, Surah Qadar once and Surah Ikhlas (27) twenty-seven times. The person will be forgiven all his/her sins; and will be pure and innocent like a newborn child; and will be rewarded with thousand palaces in the paradise.
6. Hazrat Ali (R.A.A) said:
“whosoever read Surah Qadr (7) seven time after the Isha prayer, Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) will remove all the calamities, hardship from him/her and one thousand angels would be making Dua for him/her for the Jannah (paradise).” (Ghanitul Talebin, Nazhatal Majalis, Fazeal-e-Shahud)
Dua Laylatul Qadar:
(Allahuma inaka afuwan karimun tohibol afuwa fafoanni yaghafooro yaghafooor)